How Fast Can You Go – A Simple Tip To Increase Productivity 30% In 1 Day
210 words. In the spirit of productivity, today’s tip is short and to the point.
A very common productivity tip is to block a certain amount of time for a given task or project.
- For example, you’d block 3 hours of your work day to continue writing your e-book.
While it works, it doesn’t prevent the slowing down of productivity that naturally occurs while working on a specific task.
For most people the productivity decline works like this:
- When you start working you’re pretty fast.
- After some time, you find you’re slowing down.
- You’d take a short break and continue working.
- But still, you’re not as fast as you were when you started.
Try something new instead.
- Start working on the given task. Again, you’ll start fast.
- Work until you feel you’re slowing down.
- Take a short break.
- After the break start working on something else!
To your surprise you’ll be super-fast again – until step 2 kicks in again.
[repeat steps 2 to 4]
- Work on each task only as long as you maintain your initial maximum speed.
- When slowing down switch to a completely different task.
Give it a few days and decide based on your experience and results.