This Will Make You Rich – Even If You’re Clueless!
One can make good money by selling the ‘business opportunity dream’ to the hopefuls.
Yet, today I wonder what their ‘dreams’ really are. I saw this sales letter (not the first of its kind) saying:
“Using this product you can build a successful business even if you’re completely clueless.”
Clueless, in my mind’s thesaurus, means incompetent.
- The idea is to get into the SEO business. [Doesn’t that require a HIGH degree of competence?]
- Then – while being clueless – convince local biz owners to buy expensive SEO contracts from you.
- Then – still being clueless – outsource the SEO work to someone who knows more about SEO than you do.
The question that bugs me all day:
“Why in the world would anyone be interested in creating a business he’s clueless about?”
How does it usually feel when you have to work on something you feel incompetent about?
It feels awful, doesn’t it?
- You feel insecure.
- You feel uncomfortable.
- You feel stressed.
- Your confidence is below ground.
Why would you want that?
[Fish out of water.]
On the other hand, what are the conditions that make people feel fulfilled?
Here’s a summary of Mihály Csíkszentmihályi popular findings on the ‘flow experience.’
- One must be involved in an activity with a clear set of goals and progress. This adds direction and structure to the task.
- The task at hand must have clear and immediate feedback. This helps the person negotiate any changing demands and allows him or her to adjust his or her performance to maintain the flow state.
- One must have a good balance between the perceived challenges of the task at hand and his or her own perceived skills. One must have confidence that he or she is capable to do the task at hand.
So, the business opportunity for the clueless provides the exact opposite of what you need to experience fulfillment in your biz.
Why? I can only guess that people go for this …
…because of fear.
Because they don’t believe they can build a business based on something they’re excited about.
Because they’re stuck in an ‘I’m clueless identity.’
They don’t understand, yet, that today everybody has the freedom to build a business tailored to his own perfect lifestyle and enthusiasm. I’m not saying it’s easy. But it’s doable, and it’s easier than building a business you’re not interested in.
I wish I could give them a dose of confidence.
*teleporting confidence now*