SEO traffic will dwindle even more than it already did, and in yesterday’s Google Prophecy I wrote the new goal [replacing soon to be futile SEO goals] is gaining broad visibility on the web and beyond.
Let’s do this step by step.
First look at your online presence
- your business website
- additional sites showcasing you and your business [social media sites, guest blogging sites, content distribution sites]
Visit each of those sites while going through this short check list:
- Get an overview which sites belong to this group. Make a list.
- Make sure all profiles are up to date. Check your contact info.
- Put a current profile picture on all platforms.
- Align the message you’re sending on the individual platforms.
Let me explain #4: Don’t have Twitter say you’re an AdSense expert and Facebook say you’re a marketing consultant. It’s not the same.
Create a unified branding across all platforms. Since your about section is only a few sentences on most sites, this will only take a few minutes.
That’s it for today.
If you act on it, you’ll have improved your marketing with little effort, and you’re ready for the next step tomorrow.